Government Center Visitors
In January, the Polk County Board of Supervisors approved an update to the Government Center to our mechanical and electrical systems and to enhance customer service. The project began on April 4th, 2022 and is expected to last through the end of the year. During this time, there will be a need to alter parking and customer service entrances as well as relocate some departments temporarily. Please see below for updates on those temporary measures taken to accommodate the construction process.
- Parking: The south parking lot at the front of the Government Center is available for public parking. Please refer to the construction map below.
- The Deeds office, Treasurer's office, Finance, and Land Information have moved back into their usual locations on the first floor of the Government Center.
- UW Extension, Surveying, and Land and Water have been moved to the basement level of the Government Center.
- The public reception area on the main floor of the Government Center for the Community Services Division has temporarily moved across the hall from its old location. There are signs directing you to the proper area.
- Human Resources has temporarily been moved to the old jail building directly to the east of the Government Center.
- The Department of Administration has been temporarily moved to the Human Resources suite.
- The county board and committee meetings are currently being held in the community room of the Justice Center: 1005 W Main Street, Balsam Lake WI 54810.