Polk County Clerk's Office
At the Polk County Clerk’s Office, it is our mission to provide courteous, prompt, efficient, and cost-effective services, as set forth by Wisconsin State Statutes as well as in the policies and ordinances set forth by the Polk County Board of Supervisors.Public Information & Services:
The County Clerk’s office handles a wide variety of public information and services.
Common duties include:
- Administer Marriage Licenses
- Process Passport Applications- For current travel information and questions regarding passports, please visit http://travel.state.gov/
- Keep Records of Timber Cutting Permits
- Administer Large Assembly Permits
- Election Administration: coordinating election functions for the County, Municipalities and School Districts
- Keep and Record records for County documents, including Board and Committee agendas and minutes
Marriage Licenses and Passports, including renewal photos, must have an appointment.
To submit an open records request, please click here: Open Records Request
The County Clerk is the Clerk to the County Board. Action taken at the Board meetings is published monthly in the Inter County Leader of Frederic, WI. and on this the website under Calendar and Meetings. The County Clerk’s office also has available to the public the following:
- County Board Resolutions and Ordinances
- Committee Meetings Notices & Minutes - click here to view calendar
- Annual Departmental Reports - click here to view Reports
Polk County Government Center
100 Polk County Plaza,
Balsam Lake, WI 54810
M-F, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Closed on the following Holidays:
New Year's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
County Clerk- Shabana Lundeen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 715-485-9209
- Address: 100 Polk County Plaza, Suite 110, Balsam Lake, WI 54810
- Wisconsin State Legislature - Search or view bills, amendments, statutes or other legislative documents or track legislative activities.