Mental Health Services
PURPOSE OF PROGRAM:
- Through the use of evidence-based therapies, provide assessment & treatment for individuals to help reduce their symptoms of mental illness &substance use.
- Aid individuals in living productive, independent lives.
- Treatment available for adults, adolescents & children
WHAT WE DO
- Incorporating ASAM Placement Criteria; Columbia Suicide Rating Scale; Trauma History, Adverse Childhood Experiences
- OWI Assessments – Polk County
- Evidence-based individual treatment modalities - Individual
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): short-term therapy; assists in changing thought patterns; resulting in improved behavior
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT): based on CBT; focus on extreme emotional reactions and social aspects of one’s life; key components include validation and relationship building
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT): helps children ages 3 to 18 overcome the painful effects of traumatic life experiences; teaches skills for managing troubling thoughts, effective coping skills, relaxation and provides caregivers with an understanding of trauma and how to support their child
- Motivational Interviewing (MI): short-term therapy; considers the difficulty of making life changes; resolves ambivalent feelings and insecurities to find internal motivation to change