Economic Support Services


Polk County is one of ten counties to make up the Great Rivers Income Maintenance Consortium. A consortium map is available online.

Location and Staff Contacts:

Children and Families Department
Polk County Government Center
Economic Support Unit
100 Polk County Plaza, Ste 180
Balsam Lake WI 54810

Diana Peterson, Economic Support Manager

Energy Assistance Hotline


Polk County Economic Support Specialists collaborate with our consortium partners to staff the Great Rivers Call Center. If you have general questions/inquiries about your case, or a renewal, or if you want to report changes (for example, a change in income, household composition, address, rent/mortgage amount) you can contact the:

Great Rivers Call Center
Phone: 1.888.283.0012
Fax: 1.855.293.1822
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (Wednesday)
Great Rivers Weblink

Changes can also be reported online via

Centralized Document Processing Unit (CDPU): Members can report changes, submit documentation, and send proof/verification by fax using a coversheet called a Document Tracking Sheet (DTS) - members receive a Document Tracking Sheet (DTS) in the mail as part of a request for information, or they can obtain a DTS by logging in to their ACCESS account at and print one.

Mailing address:
PO Box 5234
Janesville WI 53547-5234
FAX: 1.855.293.1822

Marketplace (link)

To access the Marketpkace/Exchange to explore health care options and look for information about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and/or the Marketplace.