Licensing & Inspection

cache_4206310479Click here to pay your bill online
The Polk County Health Department inspects and licenses the following facilities:

Food Protection Manager Certification

The Polk County Health Department offers the ServSafe food safety course twice a year. Each licensed food establishment is required to have at least one Certified Food Protection Manager on staff. Potential CFPMs must pass the ServSafe course before applying to Madison for certification. To learn more about Food Protection Manager's Certification click here.

Annual license permits and pre-inspections are required according to Wisconsin statute Chapter 97.33

Complaint Form - Polk County, Wisconsin

Please click here to complete and submit a Complaint Form if you saw or experienced possible unsafe food-handling practices or unhealthy conditions. Your identity and personal information remain strictly confidential.

Building or Remodeling

Prior to building or remodeling a licensed facility in Polk County, please contact the health department for plan review. A facility license application is required for all new establishments and available by calling the Health Department at 715-485-8400.

Vomit Response Handout Packet
Vomit Response Handout Packet.pdf

Food Notes Spring 2023.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [252.7 KB]

Food Notes Fall 2023.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [777 KB] 

Pay Online

Click HERE to pay online for your Licensing and Inspections Fees