Women, Infants, & Children (WIC)

WIC families in Polk, Burnett, Washburn and Sawyer counties are now a part of "Wild Rivers WIC". Please use our new phone number 715.204.4159 for all calls and texts. 

WRW New Logo v2

What is WIC?

Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is a program that provides food and nutrition information to those who qualify. We’re here to help you with nutrition education, breastfeeding support, care beyond WIC, and access to healthy foods. 

You May Qualify for WIC if:

  • You live in Wisconsin
  • You are pregnant, breastfeeding, or a new mother
  • You have an infant or child under 5 years of age
  • Have a household income (before taxes) that is less than or equal to WIC income guidelines WIC: Who is Eligible? | Wisconsin Department of Health Services
  • You may automatically qualify if your family receives Badger Care, Foodshare, or W-2 benefits

How to Apply for WIC?

  1. Call Wild Rivers WIC at 715.204.4159 to get started on your application. Our clerk will walk you through the application process over the phone and let you know if you qualify.
  2. Or go to WIC (wicmomstrong.com) and provide us with your contact information.

WIC Foods:

WIC food packages may contain many of the following food items:

  • Milk
  • 100% Juice
  • Cheese
  • Yogurt
  • Eggs
  • Peanut butter
  • Beans, peas, lentils
  • Cereal
  • Whole Wheat/whole grain foods
  • Fruits and Vegetables (fresh, canned, frozen)
  • Baby Foods: cereal, fruits and vegetables, meats

Prescription Request Form: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/forms/f4/f44024d.docx

Updated Full WIC Shopping Guide link: p44578.pdf (SECURED) (wisconsin.gov)

Nondiscrimination Statement

Use the link to view the WIC: Nondiscrimination Statement | Wisconsin Department of Health Services.

You got this, mom!

For Current WIC Participants

Fit Families

Families identify health habits they want to improve for their child and/or family. Fit Families is available to families with 2-4 year old children.

  • Parents select 1 of 3 common health goals: 
    1. Make Every Bit Count...More Fruits and Vegetables! 
    2. Move More...Watch Less!
    3. Make Every Sip Count...More Healthy Beverages! 
  • Families' efforts to make health changes are rewarded by incentives or prizes!  
  • A Fit Families Coach provides monthly contacts by phone, email or text for support as families make these lifestyle changes. 

How to Enroll in Fit Families: 

  • Sign up with your WIC dietitian at you next WIC appointment.
  • Or call 715-240-4159 for more information.
WIC Farmers Market  

If you are a WIC participant, you are eligible to receive an extra dollar amount to use at farmers market for the season. Call our office to have farmers market benefits issued to you.


Wisconsin MyWIC App

Use the app to view your WIC benefit balance, search WIC foods, find stores and view WIC messages.

  Apple Store                                                                                                              Google Play Store
Download the Wisconsin My WIC app on the apple store by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.                               Download the Wisconsin My WIC app on the Google play store by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.

Contact Information & Hours

Meet the WIC Team

Meet the Wild Rivers WIC Team
A photo of the WIC staff: Support staff - Cathy, Ashley, Katie. WIC Dietitians - Sarah, Kelly, Rhonda.
(Standing: Support staff -- Cathy, Ashley, Katie.
Sitting: WIC Dietitians -- Sarah, Kelly, Rhonda)

Office Hours
Same convenient locations. More flexibility for most appointments. Some familiar faces and voices, some new. Questions? Contact your local WIC office. 

  Polk Burnett Washburn Sawyer
Location Polk County Government Center
100 Polk County Plaza, Balsam Lake WI 54810

Satellite clinic: Amery
Burnett County Government Center
7410 County Rd K
Siren WI 54872
Washburn County Services Center
304 2nd Street Shell Lake WI 54871
Sawyer County Courthouse
10610 Main Street, Hayward WI 54843

Setellite Clinic: Winter
Office open

Hours for in-person appointments

9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
1st Thursday, 2nd Friday, and 3rd & 4th Wednesdays

9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
1st Thursday, 2nd Friday, and 3rd & 4th Tuesdays

10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
1st Friday and first 4 Wednesdays 

9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Phone appointments for all locations Tuesday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Late appointments by request
Please call ahead for Burnett, Washburn, and Sawyer offices if you plan to drop-in without an appointment as hours may vary slightly from month to month.
Phone & Fax
Contact Us:
Phone: 715.204.4159 
Fax: 715.500.6512